Okay so there is this trend on social media right now and I wanted to get in on it and see what this “Whipped Coffee” thing is all about. I did way too many rounds of taste testing and got sufficiently coffee buzzed this weekend… well I’ve discovered that it is worth the hype and it’s so EASY!
How to make whipped coffee ❤
- 2 Tablespoons of instant coffee (regular or decaf both work the same)
- 2 Tablespoons of white or brown sugar (I prefer white)
- 2 Tablespoons of boiling water
- A milk base – I like it with oat milk or almond milk
- Flavoring – I’ve tried with vanilla & cocoa
- Ice – You could serve this on hot coffee but honestly it’s much more of an iced coffee thing. 🙂
- In a bowl combine the instant coffee with the sugar.
- Add the boiling water and give it a quick stir.
- Whisk until the mixture becomes a light, fluffy, creamy consistency. With my little hand mixer it takes about 5 minutes or a little less. I’ve heard you can do it by hand but it takes much longer and probably doesn’t do quite as good of a job. When you start whisking, the mixture will be a very dark brown (coffee) color and once it becomes fluff it will be a light brown/mocha color.
Once you have your fluff, the options are endless and you can serve on top of your favorite coffee-like drink (or even matcha tea). The flavor of the fluff is a sweet, tangy coffee taste and really goes well with the milk. I also like to add some regular (iced) coffee as well. I enjoyed adding a little vanilla to the milk (but don’t add it to the fluff before it’s fluff, it won’t work) although the fluff with just milk is delightful on it’s own.
Serve with or without a straw depending on your preference. 🙂 And there you have it! It’s that easy!
Hope you enjoy it! Tag me in your pictures of this recipe on Instagram! Check out my Instagram for a video tutorial and some cheesy commentary! @DanLikesToEat